BBPS Agent Integration
This document provides the overview of BBPS Agent integration and the APIs used for the same. The document also provides a list of frequently asked questions and steps to register with Bank and NPCI
Overview of bill payment using BBPS
- BBPS allows the customer to pay the bills in the following ways based on the biller types.
- Apart from paying bills, customers can raise grievances using the complaint registering mechanism.
The above picture provides a high level overview of the BBPS system. BBPOUs (Bharat Bill Pay Operating Units ) are the entities directly connected to NPCI.
Broadly there are three major entities apart from billers and agents
- Customer BBPOU - The entities where agents are connected. Eg: agent. Google Pay , a banking correspondent
- Biller BBPOU : The entities where billers are connected. Eg: Electricity board, Netflix.
- CU : NPCI who does the central switching.
Consumers are connected to agents , agents are connected to banks (Customer BBPOOUs) , BBPOUs are connected to NPCI, NPCI is connected to BIller BBPOUs and Biller BBPOU is connected to billers.